PARENT GOVERNOR VACANCY
We are seeking someone who:
- Currently has a child or children in our school;
- Has a desire to play a part in improving our school;
- Is willing to give about 20 hours per term to attend meetings and training;
- Has an open and enquiring mind;
- Shows a willingness to listen and make informed judgements;
- Has experience in Finance/HR/Health & Safety/Marketing;
- Has links to the local community;
- Has the skills to promote our fantastic school;
- Is able to understand the confidential nature of the position;
- Is able to work well with others;
- Is interested in education generally and our school in particular;
- Experience of being a Governor at a previous school is desirable but not essential.
If you match this description, you could be just the person to become a parent governor. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and interests as possible.
The Governing Body of our school is responsible for:
- Ensuring the school has a clear vision, ethos & strategic direction;
- To hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
If you are interested in becoming a parent governor, please complete the form sent home (copy under "Letters" tab) and return by 27th June.